The 2017 Ginny Robinson Memorial Weightlifting Meet is just four weeks away (Oct 7th + 8th)! If you haven’t signed up yet, now is the time!
Four weeks out from our next big meet! If you haven’t signed up for the Ginny yet and would like to, do so here. Please not that I will not be there, but I’m working on getting some excellent coaches/handlers together to help you out!
As far as the program goes- we’ve done plenty of exploding and committing the past few weeks, now it’s time to put all that together and just lift. We’re doing something new this cycle and moving to five days of lifting the next three weeks before the Ginny. That’s a lot! The benefit of this is that you’ll be getting so many lifts in it will really let you hone your technique, so that by the time the meet comes your consistency will be through the roof. If you’re doing all five days be extra conscious of your recovery, get some extra food and sleep and give yourself a little TLC. If you’re unable to do the full five day program prioritize days 1, 3, and 5.
We’re going to start hitting some max heavy single lifts but these will all be daily maxes, meaning whatever you have in the tank for that day. Don’t feel like you need to push it to a PR every day we go heavy, just hit what you can then go home.
Day 1 (Monday)
1. Hang Power Snatch (ATK)- 4×1 @9 RPE
2. Clean Pull + Power Clean + Split Jerk- 3×1+1+1@9 RPE
3. Front Squat- 5RM @ 10RPE
4. V-ups 3xME
Day 2 (Open Gym, Tuesday)
1. Snatch Long Pull + Tall Snatch – 5 x 3+3 @ 7 RPE
2. Tall Jerk (from shoulders) – 5×3 @ 8 RPE
3. Clean Long Pull + Tall Clean – 4×3+3 @ 8 RPE
3. Clean Pull- 4×3 @ 9 RPE
Day 3 (Wednesday)
1. Snatch- 4×1@9 RPE
2. Clean- 4×1@ 9 RPE
3. Split Jerk- 4×1@9 RPE
4. Back Raise Roll Up- 3×10
Day 4 (Open Gym, Friday recommended)
1. Snatch Balance- 4×2 @9 RPE
2. Power Clean + Power Jerk- 4×1 @ 8 RPE
3. Snatch Pull- 4×3 @ 9 RPE
Day 5 (Open Gym, Saturday recommended)
1. Snatch- 1RM @ 10RPE, 1×90%, 1×95%, 1×90%
2. Clean + Jerk- 1RM @ 10RPE, 1×90%, 1×95%, 1×90%
3. Back Squats- 5RM @ 10 RPE, 2x5x90%