Anatoly Pisarenko- super heavyweight Soviet weightlifter who set 13 world records in his career. Anatoly maintained a pretty normal diet except for one notable item- he ate 10 oz of black caviar daily.
Time to get back to work!
This will be the start of a 5 week strength/power cycle designed to build up your strength foundation for upcoming summer competitions. I’ll make a full spreadsheet for it later in the week.
Looking at the USAW calendar, these are the currently listed competitions coming up in our immediate vicinity (MA,RI,NH,VT,ME,CT):
February 18-19th- Atlantic States Open Weightlifting CHampionships (Marlborough, MA)
March 5th- Northeastern States Open, Juniors, and Masters (Enfield, CT)
March 18th- New England Invitational (Concord, NH)
*April 30th- New Haven Open (New Haven, CT) (13 Weeks Out)
*May 27th- RWL Memorial Day Open Weightlifting Competition (Franklin, MA) (17 Weeks Out)
June 11th- The Wilton Open (Wilton, CT)
*July 22-23rd- Bay State Games (UMASS Boston) (25 Weeks Out)
July 29th- RWL Open Weightlifting Competition (Franklin, MA)
Starred meets are ones that the programming will be peaking towards and which I’ll encourage as much Brookline Barbell Club participation at as possible. Following this 5 week strength cycle we’ll begin a 12 week ramp up toward the RWL Memorial Day Competition using the New Haven Open as a ‘testing’ meet, and then from there an 8 week cycle leading up to the Bay State Summer Games, one of the largest annual weightlifting competitions in the area. Plan of course subject to change, I’m certainly interested in getting another meet together- USAW sanctioned this time- before the year is through. I highly encourage you to check out the other meets and go to any and all that are interesting to you, to become a better competitor you must compete more. I might not be able to make it to all/any of these but I’ll support you in any way I can.
Day 1 (Monday)
1. 12 min EMOTM, 1 Pause Jerk- starting at 65% building to heavy single
2. Push Press x 3-6@9 RPE, Load Drop 5-10%
3. Back Squat x3-6@9RPE, Load Drop 4-6%
4. 9 min EMOTM, 1st- 4 Chin-ups, 2nd- 4 Dips, 3rd- 6 Ab Wheels
Day 2 (Wednesday)
1. 12 min EMOTM, 1 Hang Clean (ATK)- starting at 65% building to heavy single
2. 3 Position Clean Pull (ATK, BTK, Floor), 4×3 @ 100%
3. Front Squat x3-6@9RPE, Load Drop 4-6%
4. 9 min EMOTM, 1st- 5 Ring Rows, 2nd- 5 Push-ups, 3rd- 6 Leg Raises
Day 3 (Open Gym)
1. 12 min EMOTM, 1 Hang Snatch (ATK)- starting at 65% building to heavy single
2. Snatch Push Press x 3-6@9 RPE, Load Drop 5-10%
3. Overhead Squat x3-6@9RPE, Load Drop 4-6%
4. 9 min EMOTM, 1st- 3 Pull-Ups, 2nd- 3 HSPU, 10 Side Plank Arch-Ups ea