Tia Clair Toomey, 2nd place finisher at the 2016 CrossFit Games, takes 14th place in Rio in the 58kg (128lbs) weight class with a total of 189kg (416.6lbs). The gold medalist Sukanya Srisurat finished with a total of 240kg (529.1 lbs). With the ever increasing skill and strength levels of CF athletes will we see more and more of them crossing over into other sports?
Speed Kills, Part 3
Final week of this mesocycle, this week get aggressive and go heavy!
Day 1 (Monday)
1. Snatch Hi-Pull + Power Snatch + Hang Snatch (BTK) (1+1+1) RM, x95%, x90%
2. Power Clean + Power Jerk (2+2)RM, x95%, x90%
3. Front Squat 3RM, x95%, 90%
4a. Seated Wtd. Box Jumps 5×2
4b. Wtd. Sit-up 5×15
Day 2 (Wednesday)
1. Segment Clean + Jerk Drive + Jerk (1+2+1)RM, x95%, x90%
2. Snatch + OHS (1+2)RM, x95%, x90%
3. Back Squat 5RM, x95%, x90%
4a. Jefferson Curl 3×10
4b. Pull-ups 3×8
Day 3 (Open Gym)
1. Snatch Long Pull + Snatch Push Press (1+4)RM, x95%, x90%
2. Clean Off Blocks 2RM, x95%, x90%
3. RDL 6RM, x95%, x90%
4. Strict Press 5RM, x95%, x90%
5. Cuban Rotation 3×12
To take a look at our programming cycle in full, look here.