WLC: Be Prepared! | Crossfit Coolidge Corner
  • Box Hours

    HOURSX

    MONDAY06:00 AM - 08:00 PM

    TUESDAY06:00 AM - 08:00 PM

    WEDNESDAY06:00 AM - 08:00 PM

    THURSDAY06:00 AM - 08:00 PM

    FRIDAY06:00 AM - 08:00 PM

    SATURDAY06:00 AM - 08:00 PM

    SUNDAY06:00 AM - 08:00 PM

  • (617) 232-0020
GET STARTED SIGN IN

OUR BLOG

WLC: Be Prepared!

By brett kokoruda | In News & Events | on September 30, 2014

I think its time for a check in on the Whole Life Challenge here at CFCC.  After a frustrating start with the website, I’ve had a chance to check in with most of you about your progress and I’m once again amazed by the results. Many of you have lost weight and your skin looks clearer. I’ve heard reports of increased energy, less reliance on caffeine and Diet Soda’s for stimulation. It only gets better from here I can promise you.

One thing that I see in many of your posts relates to difficulties during travel, work or social functions. While I wish that eating whole foods was the norm, many of us have found that these situations can often sabotage a few days of hard work if we walk into them unprepared. Processed food, by design, lends itself to instant gratification and convenience which is why you’re more likely to find a big bowl of potato chips next to the Copier machine rather than a bowl of fruit. Either way, in order to eat this way successfully and for the long term, you need to be prepared. You need to plan ahead a little bit for social functions and situations in which food is being offered that you had no hand in choosing. The first thing I do is I never walk into those types of events starving. Being extremely hungry activates cravings and makes me feel desperate. I have gotten into the habit of eating a small meal prior to the event. Then when I arrive, I can survey the food there and make much healthier choices. I will also often bring a compliant appetizer for everyone to share.  The same goes for work or travel. I used to treat every airport visit as a chance to eat McDonalds or Cinnabon. Again, preparing a series of snacks to get you through a travel day is easy and way more enjoyable than eating the processed garbage that most airlines/airports offer. Lastly, pick your moments. A good rule of thumb to follow is the 80/20 principle. If you eat well 80% of the time  then you can enjoy the dirtier foods the other 20% of the week. This percentage can be easily skewed and does require some vigilance at first but ask yourself start to ask yourself if this handful of chips or 4th glass of wine is really worth the trade-off later.

 

I hope you’re all having fun. We have a CFCC WLC facebook page for those of you interested just email me and we can invite you to join.

© 2013 CrossFit Coolidge Corner. All rights reserved. Sitemap. Privacy Policy
Website by 829 Studios